We Just Launched a Scholarship for Muslim Women in the Media
School is officially in! The Muslim Girl Foundation is getting ready for classes with the launch of the Muslim Girl Scholarship, our fund dedicated to empowering Muslim women’s narratives in Western media. We are awarding $1,000 scholarships in six different categories to college students who have been doing the most, in the best way possible.
This initiative is for women, like you, who have dedicated their time to academic excellence, social change, and civic innovation. As women from a minority background, we know it’s not always easy to make our dreams happen against social and financial adversity. The Muslim Girl Foundation is eager to find ways to change that, and this scholarship is one of the first financial opportunities we’re creating to be publicly available to the whole #MuslimGirlArmy.
Below is a list of available scholarships: you can find all of the details on the application page. Shoot your shot and encourage your sisters to apply, too! We can’t wait to link up.
- The #MuslimGirlFire Scholarship: Our broadest and most diverse scholarship for Muslim girls with a demonstrated commitment to service and social justice. We will award two scholarships in this category.
- The #BlackGirlMagic Scholarship: To celebrate the vital, but often overlooked contributions of Black Muslim women in our broader community.
- The #BeyondBorders Scholarship: This scholarship is reserved for undocumented and refugee Muslim students, regardless of DACA eligibility.
- The #RainbowCrescent Scholarship: For Muslim students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Trans and are working towards expanding the narrative of marginalized Muslims.
- The #PassTheMic Scholarship: For Muslim girls working on elevating the diverse narratives of Muslims in America through engagement with mass media and journalism.
- The #MuslimGirlClique Scholarship: A scholarship by Muslim Girl, for Muslim Girls. This scholarship is reserved for past and present Muslim Girl team members.
The Muslim Girl Foundation is an independent non-profit entity with the goal of empowering Muslim women in the media against all odds, including social, cultural, and economic adversity. The Muslim Girl Scholarship is the first of many initiatives to encourage and support Muslim Girls as they embark on journeys to better themselves, their communities and the world. The goal of this campaign is to enrich, support, and celebrate marginalized Muslim Girls with scholarships and mentorship as they change the world. This is what a #MuslimGirlArmy really looks like.
Apply now! Deadline: Sept 14.
P.S. You can donate to our fund here!